Monday, May 23, 2011

CHEETAHS ARE AWESOME

I love cheetahs. Here's why:

  • They totally purr. And it is ADORABLE. And LOUD. And ADORABLE.
  • They are the smallest of the big cats, and as such are actually rather skittish. They lack the confidence that lions and tigers have and are therefore relatively trainable. Many facilities that keep cheetahs allow for direct contact, which they will not do with other big cats. This means I get to see cheetahs walking around on leashes all the time. How freaking cool is that?
  • They can run up to 70 MPH! That's as fast as a car on the freeway. I know that seems obvious, but it still blows my mind to think about driving down the freeway and having a CAT keep up with me. Every time I bump it up to 75, I think, "Ha! Got away from THAT cheetah!" (Of course, they can only keep this speed up for about a minute. Sprinter, not marathoner. Still impressive. Can YOU run 70 MPH? I didn't think so).
  • At full speed, one stride can be up to 22 FEET long!
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why cheetahs are awesome. What more do you need?

4 comments:

  1. If cheetahs could write, I'd love to be one! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love all kinds of kittahs. I especially love how cheetahs purrrrrrrr :). (Whoa, I just realized that "kittahs" has the "ahs" on the end like cheetahs. I didn't even mean to do that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the like biggest cheetah lover in the world i have all the cheetah things you can think of seriously name it and I have it

    ReplyDelete